[ubuntu-uk] Churning hard disk, glacial startup

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Jun 22 16:43:52 BST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Vinothan Shankar <
neversaymonkey at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Like top, atop is a terminal app.  Open a terminal and type "atop" (no
> quotes) and it should open, assuming it's installed.  Once it's running,
> you can exit by hitting q.

^^ what he said ;-)

As I said earlier, to install it (if not already there) simply type "sudo
apt-get install atop" and before you know it it'll be telling you everything
you need to know.

I find it more useful than "top" because it has all the info on allocated
memory etc.

Sean