[ubuntu-uk] Firefox, ubuntu and tesco shopping online

Kevin Safford kevin.safford at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:15:27 BST 2009

Hi

We too had problems with Hardy and Firefox, and several exchanges with
customer services. They admitted that the site is designed around IE,
and ended up directing us to use the 'accessibility' site - you get
directed to it when you sign on, if Javascript is disabled. It doesn't
look as nice, and my wife isn't too keen, but it has worked so far.

I pointed out that directing people to a more basic site based on their
choice of operating system and browser was a bit like sending customers
round to the back entrance unless they drive up in a certain make of
car. I don't suppose it did much good, but it made me feel better.

--
Kevin Safford