[ubuntu-uk] Churning hard disk, glacial startup

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Jun 22 12:28:40 BST 2009

> Paul stated earlier that his memory usage was only 38%. It also
> wouldn't explain the boot time getting longer..

Startup being slow could be any one of a number of things.

If he booted without the splash screen perhaps he can see at what point the
thing hangs and report back, as I'd imagine it is one particular stage in
the boot process that's causing that issue.  But, also, if you do have
memory issues it will slow down the startup process too.

Sean