[ubuntu-uk] wacom bamboo

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu Jun 18 09:25:23 BST 2009

> Most configuration is now done for x.org with hal, which is why a lot of
> the options in your old x.org config file have been commented out.  Look
> in /etc/hal/fdi/policy to see if there are any files relating to the
> wacom tablet.  It may be named 10-linuxwacom.fdi, or something similar.

There was no file relatinf to wacom there and, checking in

/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty I found 10-wacom.fdi

> If not run the following command:
>
> sudo cp /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
> /etc/hal/fdi/policy

I ran the command substituting 10-wacom.fdi for
10-linuxwacom.fdi

> This will copy a file which you can then edit to change different
> options for the wacom configuration.
>
> hal will need to be restarted before you will notice anything.  The most
> foolproof way of doing this is by rebooting your computer.

Without any further changes the system was rebooted and when the screen
to enter user should have appeared the screen showed lots of horizontal
lines closely packed and some vertical stripes both wide and narrow.

Help please!!

Norman