[ubuntu-uk] Image Hosting

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Thu Jun 18 02:20:57 BST 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Christopher Swift
> <christopher.swift at linux.com <mailto:christopher.swift at linux.com>> wrote:
>
>     All of the listed sites work for me under all Linux derivatives, what
>     exactly is the issue when you try to use them? Is there an error,
>     if so
>     what does it say or what is are the symptoms?
>

> I was going to say the same thing... there's nothing to stop you using
> Photobucket at least in Linux (no idea of the other)... it's
> browser-based, so I'm guessing you're missing some plugin or other?
>
> Sean

Oh dear, Its my pc, I think I'm having the same problems I was having
with the laptop, and the only way I fixed that was totally reformatting
the harddrive and partitioning. I'm running Ubuntu on Wubi, its the
first installation of Wubi that I had years ago. In an update a couple
of weeks ago, all my flash stopped working.

I dont get anything happening, it just freezes, the same as my laptop. I
cant get any online photo sharing application to work. Its really
frustrating.

I would do the same to this pc, but cant afford to get a hard drive to
copy what I need, to reformat.

I shall just have to use Windows methinks.

One good thing though, I am about to use Ubuntu-One for the first time
to transfer a load of pics I took today, onto my Netbook.

I have tried everything I can think of, as far as the Flash thing goes,
but I have a feeling its not going to work. It seems a bain of my life
this flash problem, its happened on all my computers. grrrr.

John.