[ubuntu-uk] Installing Safari on Ubuntu

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Tue Jun 16 11:03:50 BST 2009

Thomas Ibbotson wrote:
> Alan Lord (News) wrote:
>
>> On 16/06/09 02:06, John wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> thank you so much for your messages. I like Safari because of the way it
>>> looks. I love Apple GUI, and anything that I can find with that I like.
>>>

>> <snip />
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> then you might like to try out Mac4Lin. It is supposed to make Linux
>> look like a Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin
>>
>> Version 1 has just been released:
>> http://nancib.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/mac4lin-1-0-is-out/
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Al
>>

> Just installed Mac4Lin to give it a try. I have to say it does all fit
> together very nicely and looks pretty good. I feel a bit wrong making my
> desktop look like a Mac though, so I'm going to change back now...

OOhh, I like this. I am not sure if I installed this right, I clicked on
the Mac4Lin_install_v1.0_sh and clicked Run. I did look to see where the
install instructions were but couldnt find anything, is that the right
way to install it? Unfortunately, even though Apple are a bit on the
weird side, I really like their products, and if I could afford it, I
would get one of their computers.

I need to change a few things, but I like, thanks for putting it forward
as an option. :) I know this is probably going to be taken as sacrilege,
but please dont be offended when I say this, but Ubuntu reminded me a
bit of Apple when I first came across it. That's why I liked it so much,
and why I use it now. I am really sorry for saying that. I know now its
nothing like it, and I am glad it isnt.

John.