[ubuntu-uk] My dead 'Linux Certified' machine

Rowan rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 09:39:41 BST 2009

Hi. As I said, I see a brief flashing cursor on start-up, which is all I
get, after which the screen goes black. It sees the F2 key if I press it
during this brief period (the cursor disappears) but it can't/won't go
into BIOS. The PSU is normal: the battery charging light is flashing
normally, and will I assume stop when the battery is topped up. There is
simply no display and no disk activity. Again, can anyone recommend a
repair shop here in London? If not, I shall simply have to pick one at
random. 'Linux Certified' will not authorise a London repair, so I shall
just have to pay for it myself.