[ubuntu-uk] rtmpdump on launchpad

Gordon Allott mail at gordallott.com
Sun Jun 14 14:21:33 BST 2009

Hi,
I was feeling a bit annoyed at adobe today, and especially that when you
google for rtmpdump these days you just get a bunch of blog entries and
a dead sourceforge site, So I decided to create a launchpad project for
rtmpdump [1].

For those of you that don't know, rtmpdump is a utility used by
get_iplayer to download the flash video from the iplayer site, letting
you get access to high quality drm free tv. Apple recently issued a DMCA
takedown notice to the sourceforge site it was hosted on, they claimed
it could be used to infringe on copyright. I claim, it can't anymore
than firefox.

I'm not actually going to be working on the codebase (I don't know next
to anything about the rtmp protocol), I just thought that there should
be a central site for people to get access to the code.

If anyone more familiar with packaging than me wants to package it up
into a ppa, that would be fantastic also.

[1] https://edge.launchpad.net/rtmpdump
--
Gordon Allott <mail at gordallott.com>