[ubuntu-uk] No IE in Windows 7

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 13:31:45 BST 2009

Dave Morley wrote:
> It maybe a none essential upgrade that MS could have.  In Vista they do
> this for driver updates.

That's true, they seem to bundle other apps in Windows Update on Vista
and Windows 7 and it doesn't use Internet Explorer at all as far as I
can tell.  Not to mention in IE7/8 they do offer alternative search
engines which downloads something from Microsoft so I guess there is
nothing stopping Microsoft putting maybe a 'wrapper' program for
alternative browsers in there, a bit like the Ubuntu Flash package
automatically downloads Flash from Adobe.

I guess this though is assuming Microsoft will actually put any effort
into it.  They could just say that the customers are on their own if
they want it, they have to supply it themselves?

Rob