[ubuntu-uk] reminder tool

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Jun 11 11:40:23 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 07:43:27AM +0100, doug livesey wrote:
> Hi -- can anyone recommend a handy little reminder tool for Ubuntu?
> Just something I can quickly & easily set reminders in that will pop up &
> annoy me until I deal with them.
> Cheers,
>    Doug.

I don't know of anything that exists already, but it shouldn't be too
hard to write. 'at' can trigger events at a certain time (either
absolute or in some way relative to the current time) and libnotify
(possibly via notify-send) or zenity could do the annoying you part.

A little bit of scripting/programming could put an interface on that
(using zenity --entry to ask for a message and when to show it, or
getting more complicated and making you're own GUI).

If you don't find anything that suites, and want to go down the
"rolling your own" route, I'd be happy to help.

	 Robert