[ubuntu-uk] Scambled screen (Rob Beard)

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Thu Jun 11 08:34:06 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 06:44:57AM +0100, Greg Herdman wrote:
> Thanks Rob,
> I think your bits about backing up /home is something I've already done
> - thnaks for the confirmation!

Just a quick word of warning to make sure you get the .<whatever>
hidden files and folders (which I think was already given but bears
repeating): because these aren't normally displayed selecting
everything you see in you're home folder and copying it to somewhere
else will not get these.

You can either display hidden files (View->Show hidden files) and then
copy everything displayed or step up a level in the directory
hierarchy (to home/) and then copy the folder for your user.

	  Robert