[ubuntu-uk] Wacom Intuos4 - SUCCESS!!!

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 16:42:43 BST 2009

norman wrote:
> < snip >
>
>> I read your conversation with Rolf on the Meetthegimp blog.  Thanks for
>> raising it with him.  I had a brief exchange with him via e-mail.  What
>> a great bloke, eh?  So generous with his time, and an excellent teacher.
>
> Hear, hear, one of the best things since sliced bread.

Norman >>> Success!!!  I installed the linuxwacom 0.8.3-4 on a Hardy
system, and it works.  Phew!

I had been trying 0.8.2.2 with Hardy, but 0.8.2.2 doesn't drive the
Intuos4.  And I'd been trying 0.8.3-4 with Jaunty, but there's an issue
with the Jaunty kernel and this driver.

So, following the URL Rolf supplied in your conversation with him on
Meetthegimp, I did Section 1 of this
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7093065&postcount=104

but on a Hardy system.  Bingo!

Many thanks for walking along with me on this, and for taking the time
to investigate.

Best wishes

mac