[ubuntu-uk] Last Barrier!

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 10:29:09 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 06:58 +0100, Gordon wrote:
> The last barrier to ditching MS completely is two-fold.
> One - updating my Garmin Nuvi Satnav (the web updatyer apparently is
> only for Windows) and secondly back-up and restore of my Nokia mobile
> via Nokia PC Suite.
>
> There seem to be one or two sync apps for Nokia - anything to be
> recommended?

What Nokia do you have? I have had next to no luck with mine and have
had to resort to doing this inside VirtualBox (which is a right pain
because the phone changes it's mode and USB ID several times during the
firmware updates).

Interestingly enough, the licence inside the firmware updater suggests
you can get the source code from Nokia, however, I haven't had any
success at this :(

-Matt Daubney