[ubuntu-uk] pre installed ubuntu laptops -> now MS refunds...

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Tue Jun 9 21:43:56 BST 2009

LeeGroups wrote:
>> hmm, maybe I should start collecting photos of such anti-competitive
>> practices in a hall of shame on the nakedcomputers.org site.
>>
>> I don't suppose you have the box still do you?
>>
> Still, have the box, yes. But I was so angry at the time, I got my phone
> out and took a photo...
> I've emailed it to you.
>
> Lee

wow. That is a very clear notice.

Quality Seal
Importants Notice: TOSHIBA Corporation (TOSHIBA) and/or its subsidiaries
currently sell personal computers with pre-installed Microsoft operating
system as computing solution. Please note, notwithstanding anything to
the contrary in the documentation accompanying your computer, TOSHIBA
and/or its subsidiaries do not accept the return of component parts or
bundled software, which have been removed from the PC System. Pro-rata
refunds on individual components or bundled software, including the
operating system, will not be granted.

I think that is going on the front page of naked computers shortly.