[ubuntu-uk] pre installed ubuntu laptops -> now MS refunds...

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 18:05:44 BST 2009

> Dell will refund the cost of Windows without you having to send
> anything off. But I guess the OP was looking for an Ubuntu
> pre-installed machine in order to send a message to the manufacture
> showing that there is a demand for such a thing.
> Cheers,
> Andrew
Let's be clear here, Dell will only refund your MS license fee if you
bought a PC/laptop for home, rather than business.
I had this problem, as have a few other people.

If you're buying a Toshiba, forget it. The ones I bought last week all
came with a dirty great sticker sealing the box stating that the
computer/software enclosed come as a complete unit and won't be spilt.
If you don't like it tough.