[ubuntu-uk] burning discs in virtual machines

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 00:21:07 BST 2009

On 4 Jun 2009 at 0:11, Farran Lee wrote:

> so I've got it all working so far... the only problem is, the .iso I
> need to burn is in a virtual machine; specifically ubuntu 9.10 i386 in
> VirtualBox. How can I burn  discs in it? Is there something special I
> need to install?
> Thanks :)
> ===================================
> Farran Lee
> I'm only 16 :P

You should be able to access the host machine's CD/DVD writer from
within VirtualBox. On the Details tab, double click CD/DVD-ROM and
then select Host CD/DVD Drive.  Checking 'Enable Passthrough'
should mean that you can write from the guest system's normal CD
writer programs.

If that doesn't work, set up a shared folder, copy the iso out to it and
burn the disk in the host system.

Tony