[ubuntu-uk] Flyers

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jun 3 18:45:49 BST 2009

Rob Beard wrote:
> alan c wrote:
>> Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> A couple of us our local LUG have got an event coming up in the next
>>> couple of weeks (well two in fact, one in a couple of weeks and one in
>>> about a month's time.  Now I have a few Ubuntu CDs from Canonical which
>>> we're hoping to distribute to visitors but I was wondering if anyone had
>>> any flyers which could be distributed alongside them?
>>>

>> I have a folded leaflet - black text no colour - which I try to keep
>> up to date and use at my regular showings at local computer fairs. If
>> you would like to try it out you are welcome. Shall I send a  file to
>> your address?
>>
>> format is 2 folds vertically from an A4 size sheet.
>>
>> Title is
>>
>>          Ubuntu!
>> The Easy Trouble Free
>> Alternative to Windows
>>

> That would be great thanks Alan.  I do have a colour laser so printing
> off a few colour leaflets isn't that much of a problem but it would also
> be handy to have some black and white leaflets too (since I get moaned
> at by the wife when I print in colour as it is technically her printer).

ok will do.

Note- the basic reason for the leaflet being non colour is quite
simply, cost. At the Mac world/Linux world in London earlier in the
year, I found that 80 per day (4 days) went. If there is even minimal
colour, it changes the basis of cost a lot. And my wife knows I am on
a  pension......

There is another tangential reason for me not using much - if any -
colour. Although Ubuntu is backed by a commercial company, it is easy
for the onlooker to believe that these free CDs are the same as any
other 'free' CD - that they have an invisible hook into their wallet.

I believe that simple non colour leaflets allow a gentle message that
at my end at least, this is a pure volunteer community based activity.
If I do have any shipit CDs then wonderful, however, most times I burn
my own and they are lowest cost, hand marked, for the same reason.

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user