[ubuntu-uk] Flyers

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 14:13:07 BST 2009

Hi folks,

A couple of us our local LUG have got an event coming up in the next
couple of weeks (well two in fact, one in a couple of weeks and one in
about a month's time.  Now I have a few Ubuntu CDs from Canonical which
we're hoping to distribute to visitors but I was wondering if anyone had
any flyers which could be distributed alongside them?

I remember a couple of years back there was a nice colourful leaflet
which had a 'Windows XP' like background on it, in fact I have about 5
of these from my Ubuntu events kit (basically a load of Ubuntu CDs and
bits and pieces) and I'd love to print some more but I haven't got the
original files anymore.

I just wondered if anyone had any material?

While I think about it too, I had another idea.  If we're going to be
giving away multiple CDs and leaflets (say Ubuntu, OpenDisc etc) then
wouldn't it be great to provide a bag to put them all in?

Well I thought, rather than paying for plastic bags, how about using
paper bags.  On doing some searching I found this...
http://tinyurl.com/onh7hk

It looks like it's possible to buy white paper bags (like what small
independent newsagents and fruit shops may use) for a few quid for
1000.  I thought it might be possible to put these through a printer (at
least an inkjet, maybe even a laser) and print the Ubuntu or Tux logo on
them.  I figured that 21 x 21 cm bags then we could fit a couple of CDs
and a couple of A5 or A4 folded leaflets in there.  I am tempted to buy
a pack although it's a shame that they don't seem to do small sample
packs of say 5 bags just to try (I'd rather not buy 1,000 and find they
aren't any use).

Rob