[ubuntu-uk] question about streaming

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 13:06:35 BST 2009

javadayaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a general question, if im running a tv card with an app e.g
> TVtime...can i stream that broadcast to another pc?
>
> does this make sense?
>
> --
> Javad
Not sure if you can with TVTime but you can with VLC (VideoLan), I
managed to get it working to a point with a Freeview card and it worked
fairly well.  How is the other PC connected?

If it's on the same network then another option would be to use
something like mplayer to capture the stream to a file and then share
the location of the file using Samba and then open the file on the other
PC while it's streaming.  Bit of a messy way of doing it but it also works.

Rob