[ubuntu-uk] Itunes libraries, aTunes and Ubuntu Jaunty

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 10:50:33 BST 2009

On 03/06/09 10:40, Gordon wrote:
> ITunes is really my last hurdle to going Ubuntu completely.
> I have aTunes which looks really good, except I can't see any way to
> burn tracks to a CD from it.
> Is that possible, or should I be looking at another app to replace ITunes?

I hadn't come across aTunes before. The fact it is Java is [possibly]
encouraging.

I prefer Songbird out of all of them so far. It still has a way to go
to be fully featured but it is very extensible. It is based on the
Mozilla Gecko engine and has a great list of extensions and plugins
already. It is also cross-platform.

I will try aTunes though to see if it can sync to my iPod Nano 4th Gen.
Songbird was the only one I found to work so far...

As for burning, Ubuntu comes pre installed with Brassero that can burn
audio and well as data CDs or am I missing something?

Cheers

Al