[ubuntu-uk] Thanks!

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jun 3 10:11:08 BST 2009

James Milligan wrote:
> I've now got a full installation of Ubuntu on my desktop! 8.10 with
> everything working, bar the sound. Dualbooting with XP and modified
> grub boot list menu so that XP is default after 3 seconds (for parents
> and gaming).
>
> As soon as I get the sound working I'm going to upgrade to 9.04.

note that both 8.04 and 8.10 had issues with sound. afaik they started
to use pulsaudio sound server and it was not implemented well. I have
found that 9.04 has better sound so give that a try at least live CD
before you complete the scenic route through 8.10, you might be lucky?

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user