[ubuntu-uk] Asus and Microsoft sitting in a tree....

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Jun 1 21:03:58 BST 2009

2009/6/1 Christopher Swift <Chris at chrisswift.eu>:
> Lets not jump ahead of ourselves here. I highly doubt that either ASUS
> nor Microsoft are officially behind this campaign.

Asus link to the site from the main marketing page for their current
flagship laptop product. Whether they are behind it or not is
irrelevant, they condone it by linking to the site in question.

> Really guys do a
> whois on the domain name, it is registered by GoDaddy.com for crying out
> loud!

It's been well researched. The guy who made the site is a Microsoft
SharePoint Consultant based in the US.

> In short it looks
> like you guys have been ultimately trolled.

Be nice.

> Now lets pimp out itsbetterwithubuntu & itsbetterwithlinux .coms!

Personally I'd like to see more original content and ideas than a
copycat campaign.

Cheers,
Al.