[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu User Magazine

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Jun 1 14:26:42 BST 2009

Michael Douglas wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I understand why magazine's that come with DVD's of movies, or things
> like SLES on them, but why spend money printing a dual-sided DVD, when
> you could just use two single sided ones and bring the price down by a
> couple quid so more people buy it?

Because it's cheaper for them to put one DVD on the front than it is for
two DVDs on the front, and the price difference between DVD-5 (single
sided / single layer), DVD-9 (SS / dual layer), DVD-10 (double sided /
SL), and DVD-18 (DS/DL) are minimal, possibly negligible, when doing
bulk duplication runs.

-n