[ubuntu-uk] Scambled screen

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:49:23 BST 2009

Hi Greg,

2009/6/1 Greg Herdman <gherdman at toucansurf.com>:
> My 'scambled screen' hardware has Ubuntu 8.04LTS OS.
>
> Two 'supporty' CDs were delivered with the system:
> a. Asus P5B-VM SE 'graphics integrated Motherboard'
> b. Inno3d Graphics GeForce Drive CD Ver 12.1.

Hmm, these look like they might be Windows-only support CDs.

> I have made backups of my home directory but since I've installed GRAMPS
> (family history) application and also Inkscape (vector graphics) I need
> to be sure that I also backup their respective folders before
> (potentially) wiping them if I reinstall Ubuntu. GRAMPS in particular
> contains a lot of data entered recently.

As Tony said, depending on how you have backed up your home directory
(did you include hidden files, or just copy everything you saw in
Nautilus (the name for the directory viewer)?), you will have saved
the details for both GRAMPS and Inkscape.

If in doubt, tell us the method you used to make the backup.
Also, have you tested that the backup worked?

HTH

Cofion/Regards,
Neil.