[ubuntu-uk] Scambled screen

Greg Herdman gherdman at toucansurf.com
Mon Jun 1 10:55:54 BST 2009

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the lousy typing on my last post!

My 'scambled screen' hardware has Ubuntu 8.04LTS OS.

Two 'supporty' CDs were delivered with the system:
a. Asus P5B-VM SE 'graphics integrated Motherboard'
b. Inno3d Graphics GeForce Drive CD Ver 12.1.

I have made backups of my home directory but since I've installed GRAMPS
(family history) application and also Inkscape (vector graphics) I need
to be sure that I also backup their respective folders before
(potentially) wiping them if I reinstall Ubuntu. GRAMPS in particular
contains a lot of data entered recently.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Greg