[ubuntu-uk] Xubuntu 8.10/9.04 Upgrade Issue

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 25 22:32:00 BST 2009

Hi Guys

Thanks for the suggestions about the best way to safeguard my OpenOffice 3.1 installation when upgrading from 8.10 to 9.04.

For the record and, possibly, of interest for anybody else contemplating an upgrade, I carried out the upgrade this afternoon in about 2 hours. All my settings and custom applications (i.e those not part of the 8.10 distro) were carried forward perfectly. There was no sign of the default OOO 3.0 being installed alongside v3.1.

I'm delighted with 9.10. Bootup is slightly faster than 8.10 which, itself, was very impressive. Also, the repository contains apps which weren't available to 8.10, so that's an added bonus. The upgrade process is absolutely painless and requires next to no user intervention.

Regards

Nige