[ubuntu-uk] card reader not recognised

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Jul 22 10:05:39 BST 2009

2009/7/22 Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org>:
>> Another thing to do is see what messages appear in System ->
>> Administration -> Log File Viewer, at the point when you plug it in.
>> This may indicate what the problem is.
>
> I had a look at the sys log but it might just as well have been in
> Martian or some other esoteric language.

The easiest thing to do is open the syslog, plug the device in, then
when new lines appear in the syslog, copy and paste those into a
pastebin such as:-

http://paste.ubuntu.com/

..and then give us the link you get as a result as a reply to this
mail. We can then click the link, view the log fragment and try to
figure out what's happening. You could just copy/paste the entire log,
which may also help.

Cheers,
Al.