[ubuntu-uk] Where Ubuntu falls short

James Milligan lake54 at lake54.com
Sat Jul 18 11:04:40 BST 2009

On 18 Jul 2009, at 10:54, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:

> 3GB of RAM shouldn't be necessary... software these days are so
> bloated.
>
> Kids these days wouldn't believe what our galiant heros managed to
> extract out of 48k back in the good old days... not to mention the
> last generation of games on the 1k ZX81.
>
> Sean

Oh I know believe me. Most games only need a gig max, Sims 3 and one
other are the only ones I know that need that much. The other one is a
much more high-end game, massively more detailed than Sims 3, so EA
Games have obviously done some bad coding in the fact that it needs
that much memory.

I do agree that 3 gig is probably overdoing it, but it means that
their computer -will- run faster to the end user.

James

--
James Milligan
lake54 at lake54.com