[ubuntu-uk] Ideas for sharing folders

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:21:56 BST 2009

Evening All,

Just want to canvas for ideas...

What is the best way to share a folder with multiple users over
multiple machines?

To put into context, I have been playing with UbuntuOne. I have a
Photos directory which is now [in the process of being] syncronised
for my user across 3 PC's. I have shared this folder with my wife, who
can now view, modify, edit and add to the collection. I would like to
expand this to both of our parents too (mainly for baby photos).

Does anyone else have anything set up like this? I am thinking
primarily for photos, but would like to keep away from traditional web
apps (Facebook, flickr, picasaweb etc). I've thought of setting up a
directory on my web hosting that all the users/PC's could access/have
mounted.

Any thoughts?

Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk