[ubuntu-uk] Connecting to a network

Paul Roach roachy at roachy.net
Sun Jul 12 09:02:02 BST 2009

To be honest, the quickest way to access networked data between linux
boxes is to ensure ssh is enabled, and to open nautilus - in the
address bar type

ssh://username@ipaddress

You'll then be asked to log on with credentials on the remote machine
(assuming you don't use key-based authentication)...

Samba is really designed for interoperability between Windows and *nix
boxes...there are several methods of sharing files natively though.
You might also want to read up on NFS

Hope this helps

Sent from my mobile device