[ubuntu-uk] Friend managed to start virtual box kernel with grub

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:03:25 BST 2009

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if I could get some information
on some of the events that have recently transpired. My mate has
recently tried to install virtual box on his pc, succeeding in this
task, he booted his pc to see his X server had loaded default drivers,
and his mouse and network had stopped working, when I checked the
kernel version it has gone from 2.6.28-13-generic to 2.6.28-13-server.
How the bloody hell can this happen, the pc was booting a virtual
kernel, which was then loading up as it would on a normal
install....I've fixed it by removing this virtual kernel, but can
anyone shed any light on this?

thanks,

--
Kris Douglas