[ubuntu-uk] Printer problems

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:48:22 BST 2009

<snip />
> I think perhaps that if I installed the 32-bit version I could use it. I
> don't really want to do that, though...

I thought that 64bit Ubuntu was Multilib?

Multilib means it has *both* 32 and 64bit libraries.

I might be wrong here but I kind of thought that was the whole point of
Multilib...

Personally I have never seen a reason to warrant using 64bit. Many of
the plugins and codecs are not built for it, neither was Flash until
very recently. And there is little benefit ti using it unless you have
more than 3GB or RAM.

Al