[ubuntu-uk] Word 2002 under Wine?

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Jul 10 00:37:27 BST 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM, William Anderson<neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Mike Paglia wrote:
>> I dont understand why use it anyway? Openoffice is just as good and its
>> free!
>
> This attitude irritates me somewhat.  I prefer MS Office (I currently
> use Office 2008 on my mac) to OpenOffice.org, as the former works well
> natively, doesn't consume insane amounts of memory, and isn't fugly :)

I concur... Openoffice is bloatware of the highest order.

If I could be bothered to get an older version of Office working on
wine I would - but I don't use office suites enough to do so.

It's a shame, really, that Sun decided to go down the bloated route,
because the early versions of Openoffice were really quite pleasant to
use; I dread to click on a ".doc" attachment in an e-mail because I
know the machine will whirr and click for ages before I actually get
to see it.

Sean