[ubuntu-uk] The Stolen Earth

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Thu Jul 9 22:57:06 BST 2009

If I was a millionaire, this would be near the top of my to-do list --
build a real dalek, controlled by a PC inside, running Ubuntu or
something similar, programmed to do dalek things and question any
visitors to my home.

Anyone interested in building a dalek should probably go to
http://www.projectdalek.co.uk/files/index.html

If you join the forum you get a free manual to build your own dalek.

Or visit
http://www.dalekcity.co.uk/

I have also seen old daleks from either Doctor Who films or the old TV
series for sale on ebay.

Someone has built a PC shaped like a dalek at
http://www.asqi21.dsl.pipex.com/
and one like a Tardis
http://www.asqi21.dsl.pipex.com/tardis.htm - I love the DVD tray on this
and a car shaped PC running Linux