[ubuntu-uk] Evolution's compulsory GPG routine

Rowan Berkeley rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:05:35 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 15:36 +0100, vinu wrote:

> Assuming it IS gnome-keyring, somewhere in the repositories is a
> package that will unlock your default keyring on login and lock it
> again when you log out, to defeat this very problem.  I've been using
> it for quite a while, now. If, on the other hand, it's the GPG, you
> can disable it in your Evo preferences.

It's just Evo; every time I start it, it says more or less "the
application 'evolution' wants to access the GPG keyring but it is
locked." I have looked a good few times at the Evo preferences but I
cannot see any way to disable this, so, Vinu, please tell me
specifically how to do it.

Also, I have gone and deleted the Evo applet from the Gnome panel, and
so I am not getting new email notifications (except for a momentary
balloon). I would like to put the applet back, but it isn't listed in
'add/remove from panel.' Can anyone tell me how?