[ubuntu-uk] Suggest a graphics card

Adam Bagnall bagnaj97 at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:55:20 BST 2009

If you're not planning on gaming, just using HD for video and compiz
then a low powered nvidia card would be fine. An nvidia 8400gs only
costs about £25 from ebuyer and most of them have passive cooling (no
fan and therefore silent). With these nvidia cards you can playback HD
video with very little cpu usage and they are power efficient too.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_vdpau_gpu&num=1

Regards,
    Adam.