[ubuntu-uk] Shell Access for VPS server

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Tue Jul 7 09:47:22 BST 2009

Lucy wrote:
> 2009/7/6 John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I was just wondering, is there any difference between Linux Shell and
>> Ubuntu Shell access? Also does anybody have any website I can look at to
>> learn shell script?
>>

> A good place to start IMO is http://en.flossmanuals.net/gnulinux.
> It'll give you a gentle introduction to the command line and later on
> starts talking about variables, etc. So you should be able to start
> building up your own scripts.

Hi Lucy, that is just what I need, instructions and pictures, to show
exactly what they are saying. Its very basic, but it shows me how to do
things. Thank you so much.

I want to say thank you to everybody else as well, for giving me
directions to websites, they will come in handy, as I learn.

I am finding it quite scarey to be honest, I havent had to learn
anything like this for years. I really appreciate everybody's help on
this group.

John