[ubuntu-uk] virtualBox

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Mon Jul 6 10:18:36 BST 2009

You cannot install a new version of VirtualBox unless you uninstall the
old one first.

Uninstalling the old version will not delete your settings. I have
upgraded VirtualBox several times, and each time I have to remove the
old version (via Synaptic) and then install the new one, from the .deb file.

I have not lost any settings this way nor any virtual machines.

David King