[ubuntu-uk] Tonido

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Jul 5 12:25:03 BST 2009

mac wrote:
> I guess some of you will have looked at this:
>
> http://www.tonido.com/
>
> It says its GPL;  but I can't see where they provide the source code.
> What do you reckon?
>
> mac

Well I had a look at their site, can't find a thing.  It does say though
that is released under the GPL and a commercial license.  What it also
says though is it's FREE FOR PERSONAL USE.  That set alarm bells
ringing.  If it's released under the GPL then surely it should be free
for anyone to use for any purpose as long as they comply with the terms
of the GPL so surely they can't restrict it for just personal use, they
have to make it available for everyone (or at least the GPL code).

Rob