[ubuntu-uk] openoffice

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sat Jul 4 21:12:16 BST 2009

My brother is venturing into the land of Ubuntu and has installed (so he
tells me) 8.10. He is happy as can be with everything he has tried so
far with the exception Of OpenOffice. He reports that when he runs the
application he is presented with a screen with no bars at all including
the menu bar. Also, when he types in the page he gets no letters just
dashes. Has anyone any idea, please, on what he should do to get Office
running I would hate to lose a potential convert.

Norman