[ubuntu-uk] G1 phone plans - WAS: Re: Webcam as a security camera

Colin Murphy Colin at spudulike.me.uk
Sat Jul 4 15:56:48 BST 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 20:59:43 Colin Murphy wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009 20:00:41 Ronnie Tucker wrote:
> > What I did with my G1 was to unlock it, with a code (~£8)

Where did you go to get the unlock code?  It cost me £20 to get mine unlocked
in the mobile phone booth in the High Street.

> Hmm, I wonder.  3 seem to do a 'Sim Zero' sim only one month contract for,
> err, £0.00 / pm.  If I can buy the £5 internet bolt on then I should be
> able to get my 1Gb for just £5/pm.  Beats T-Mobile's 1Gb for £20.00.

My assumption was correct, I am now a proud 'Sim Zero' user paying just £5 for
the 1Gb internet usage.  I don't get any call time, nor do I get any texts -
another bolt on is available to add texts, but not voice.

I can always upgrade my package to "Sim 10" to get 100 minutes call time.

> If I need more than 1Gb, I just buy another bolt-on.

This was an assumption too far, it looks like only one bolt-on can be applied
a month.

--
Colin at Spudulike.me.uk
Gotta go, things to be, people to do, and stuff to, err, stuff.