[ubuntu-uk] G1 phone plans - WAS: Re: Webcam as a security camera

LeeGroups mailgroups at varga.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 19:33:09 BST 2009

Colin Murphy wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009 11:11:13 javadayaz wrote:
>
>> Dont take the Unlimited at face value. The unlimited is 3gb's worth of
>> data. Although they do say if you go over your limit you will be informed.
>> Im with Tmobile. I do occassionaly stream audio but not that much.
>>

> Orange, who I am with, couldn't offer me anything, which is why I now have PAC
> code in hand and consider myself between contracts.
>
> Is the 3Gb a G1 special contract - I am looking at a T-Mobile solo (sim only)
> and the best I can find is 1Gb.  I must agree with Michael, T-Mobile do seem
> the best.
>
> I suppose what I was really looking for was a mobile phone package for voice
> that I could 'bolt-on' a mobile broadband package to, giving me, maybe, 3Gb
> or 5Gb - just doesn't seem to be an option.  When I mentioned this type of
> usage to the Orange customer services the guy nearly collapsed.
>
> I am looking for this bandwidth because I would like to dump FM radio and move
> to internet radio streaming instead.  Perhaps I'm just too ahead of the
> bleeding edge for this?
>
> Thank you all for not castigating me on my off topic post, which really was
> meant to go to Javad directly.
Yes, the G1 has it's own tariff on T-Mobile, it's due to the G1 chatting
to Google 24/7.
You can't get the tariff  without buying a G1.
I've had mine six months and used a lot of bandwidth, can't say how much
exactly but a lot...
No ones, complained to me yet... And I use the Last.FM app to stream
music, it's brilliant, as long as you've remembered to charge the battery!

The cheapest tariff they do is £25/month, 200 txts/200mins (though I
think I got a special with 400 txts), and I paid £40 (I think) for the
phone.
I don't you'll beat it, on sim only deal, and having to pay for the G1.

Lee