[ubuntu-uk] We Are Linux

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 09:01:24 GMT 2009

Quoting James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net>:

> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 00:50 +0000, David King wrote:
>> There is an interesting post on ZDNet, about making a video for Linux.
>> You may have read about that subject already, but the talkback comments
>> on that site are worth reading. There is one person called Loverock
>> Davidson who is vehemently against Linux, and it would seem that he is
>> totally blind to reality. Well, the replies to his comments are all in
>> favour of Linux and although I do not condone attacking anyone, most of
>> the replies are quite humourous. It is a shame that some Windows users
>> become so narrow-minded that they are then blinded by their hatred for
>> anything different.
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/community/?p=156
>
> I believe what you have there is a knowledgeable troll, and quite a
> successful one judging by the responses.
>
> There are some blinded, narrow minded Windows users out there, but we
> keep seeing that exactly the same is true of some linux users.
>
> Also, far from being blind to reality, his first post seems to be
> an accurate parody of linux in places. The best parodies are the ones
> that stay closest to the truth.

That is one of the funniest Trolls and flame wars Ive seen in quite
some time (since I left Debian-User@ last year anyway...) - the guy
that started it must be a professional troll to be that opinionated
just to wind people up...

/me places money on it being Tux posting under a pseudonym... :o)

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk