[ubuntu-uk] Installing Edubuntu 8.04.1 on Ubuntu 8.04.2

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 16:21:34 GMT 2009

On 27/01/2009 20:41, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Hi Rob
>
> As 8.04.2 is only a roll up of all the current patches and fixes that have
> come in since 8.04.1, I shouldn't think there'd be much of a problem.
>
> If it's not a live server then there's no harm in trying it out and letting
> us know  what happens!
>
> Ian

Okay after much playing I can confirm that Edubuntu 8.04.1 does install
and work fine on Ubuntu 8.04.2, well at least it seems to work okay.  I
did find that when you install Edubuntu 8.10 on top of Ubuntu 8.10 LTSP
the client machines no longer boot with a splash screen.  I'd say that
Edubuntu 8.04 seems more polished than Edubuntu 8.10 :-)

Now I've just got to work out how to get Ubuntu to stop prompting me to
update the generic kernel after installing the server kernel for the 4GB
Ram.

Rob