[ubuntu-uk] [Fwd: Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference -- now available]

mike daniels mikezz1011 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 17:13:49 GMT 2009

John, sincere thanks for access to your PDF download, my Ubuntu Dell notebook arived today, what a nice feeling to feel released from the Microsoft "stranglehold" of the computer market.
Dell just mention XP and Vista in their user manual, strange for a pre-loaded Ubuntu machine. I am sure that your book will assist with any problems encountered, I was "brought-up" on Windows 3.1, DOS 6...remember those days?
Reading the help requests impresses me, an "army" of users willing to help at all times, my Ubuntu mail folder is my largest, thanks again and to those of you in the business who give your time to help to promote Ubuntu, maybe I too will be able to help others in the future.
Thanks all, Michael, Wales UK