[ubuntu-uk] Memory upgrade

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Jan 25 17:53:47 GMT 2009

2009/1/25 Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk>:
> On 25/01/2009 15:00, Kris Douglas wrote:
>> Cheap 2GB stick:
>> http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/Laptop/Arianet+2GB+PC2-5300+SO-DIMM?productId=34393
>>
> I'd recommend the Aria memory.  I have two sticks of it in my Acer
> Aspire 2920, was well worth the purchase, cost me about £25 ish.  Other
> than that you can't go wrong with Crucial memory.

Just to be clear, i wasnt advocating buying from Crucial (although I
have in the past, and had no problems other than them not being the
cheapest), but just suggest using their memory advisor as it seems to
be quite a comprehensive database of computer motherboards and their
respective memory requirements.

Cheers,
Al.