[ubuntu-uk] Broken gpg pipes

Adrian ubuntu-uk.list at just-contact.me.uk
Thu Jan 22 22:38:02 GMT 2009

My Thanks to Graham for correspondence.

I found the solution to the broken pipe seems to have been a synching of
the key servers after I had added Graham to my key list.

The trouble is I now have a couple more questions.

How do I encrypt a mail to someone who has just given a key id? If I
can find their name on the key servers thats OK, but mine is CC0C44C6
but I do not know how I would use someone else's in evolution or to seek
it from keyservers.

Also are gpg and pgp keys pretty much the same? and do the keyservers
colate all the pgp and gpg keys? Obviously gnupg is open, but are there
any other differences?

Cheers

Adrian