[ubuntu-uk] Mobile Broadband

Ian Betteridge ian at ianbetteridge.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 10:39:15 GMT 2009

An XPS1530, which is a really nice machine. The design of it is nice
enough that, having switched from a Mac, it doesn't feel like I've
traded down in terms of looks! :)

The built-in 3G was a BTO option - I think it added about £40 to the
price, which seemed a good deal given that I'm convinced I'd end up
losing a dongle! It came with a Vodaphone SIM, but I didn't have to
sign up for a contract, so I'm just using a 3 SIM which I already had.

Configuring it to work with 3 was easy - just selected UK in the
network settings, then chose 3 as the provider, and a couple of
minutes later I was connected.