[ubuntu-uk] Mobile Broadband

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 00:31:53 GMT 2009

I am currently on a train going to the darkest parts of Kent and using
a 'Three' dongle on my eeePC 701 running eeeBuntu. 3G works fine in
Ubuntu 8.10. Although there is a know bug where you sometimes dont get
 DNS from your provider, but it's being worked on. All I do is
disconnect and reconnect and it works normally.

I have seen 'Three' dongles for sale as PAYG with a good amount of
bandwidth included if you dont want a long contract.

As  'Three' customer my dongle is only £5 a month for 1GB. More than
enough mobile bandwidth.

Colin
(getting close to my station)