[ubuntu-uk] Sad but true? From the Register

Yishay Mor yishaym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:08:33 GMT 2009

Guys, RTFA, or in this case watch the TV piece. She bought a laptop, she
wanted to connect to the internet, she stuck the ISP CD in the drawer, it
didn't work. She wanted word, she couldn't find it in the menu.

If she would have managed to get past these incredible obstacles, she would
have crashed on the college website because it would ask her to log in or
something.

The point is, if Dell are selling laptops, she should provide support, even
when a user has problems opening the coffee cup holder. Regardless of OS. As
a matter of fact, my experience from supporting friends & family is that
Ubuntu is a much easier platform to manage from the IT room perspective.

 Yishay Mor, Researcher, London Knowledge Lab
  http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html
  http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=yishaym%40gmail.com
  +44-20-78378888 x5737